Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Who's Gonna Love You Like I Do

...so I'm sitting here writing today listening to our playlist and Babyface came on; "Where Will You Go". That  song spoke to your heart that October day in 2009.  From the very first verse "We started out as simple friends" to the last verse "Who's gonna love you like I do" couldn't be more true had I said them to you myself in that very moment.  I am so grateful for that day.  

I remember calling you the next day after responding to your beautiful, dramatic, funny, heartfelt email.  I can tell both of us were silently tripping out with this new revelation and the turn our conversation had taken.  We spoke of us, our children, what we wanted, and I promised then, on that day to love you beyond what you could imagine love, true love to be.  You simply said... "I know you will."  

From then to now... I love you Mrs. Jenkins.  I thank God every morning for blessing me with your love. <3

#nikkirashan #RestInLove


2 comments: