Sunday, July 3, 2011

Prepared: She is READY

The many flights over the past year and a half: ATL to MKE and MKE to ATL are distant memories.  Eight hundred plus miles no longer stand between us.  Now we can simply reach out and touch each other on a daily basis. 

J & C welcomed Briana, Bailey (my Maltese) and me with open arms.  Fez (her yorkie) is slowly warming up to my hyper Bailey; he’s no longer hiding under the bed from her so I think they’re making progress. What’s most comforting is seeing and feeling how prepared Nikki was for my arrival.  I have space in the closet, the drawers, the nightstand, the linen closet, the basement, the garage etc… Those are the physical aspects of her preparation which helped to get ‘my stuff’ settled in. We’ve turned her home into our home.

It is one thing to make space in the home.   What reassured me beyond words was the room she made in the following:

Heart- accepting me for me and loving me unconditionally. She emotionally caters to all of me.

Mind- understanding my likes/ dislikes, wants/ needs and desires while making them a priority.

Spirit- allowing me to coexist within her being on a higher level.  Trusting me with all of her…

She doesn’t allow her independence to hinder the dynamics of our togetherness.  Her selflessness, patience, and consideration are to be much-admired.  I’m not tooting any horns here but um…TOOT-TOOT to my babe for preparing for me beyond the physical.  Kudos to her for being attentive to my needs and meeting them, loving me a little more when I needed it most and being patient and understanding during this beautiful transition. Preparing beyond what can be seen is so appreciated!! 

Coming together under one roof isn’t just a physical preparation.  It is also a spiritual, emotional, and financial blending of individuals into a partnership.  It requires more than making room in the house.  You have to think, feel and be beyond yourself. It is necessary to be in tune with the happenings of your partner.  You have to ready yourself to love harder, understand deeper and coexist on a higher level together.

Tell us, how have you prepared?


©BJenkins, July 2011

7 comments:

  1. Black lesbian love! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited for the two of you. It is apparent that you two had not only taken time to prepare..you planned it, thought about who would do the moving, the possible financial impact, even the doggies had been included in the preparation, yes, of course the children. I stand in awe...and applaud, as I know the decisions for both came with careful consideration and great sacrifice. I really do have about 20 questions lurking in my mind.. Sigh... (-: . The ultimate goal...being together Thank you for sharing.. Look forward to and hope that you two share your wedding pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just happy for you...

    No true prep needed....it was as though my home was waiting for her & her things. Almost everything seemed to have a designated space...her love in my heart & her clothes & furniture in OUR new space. I wouldn't have it any other way

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely wonderful blog! It sounds like you have the love that all hope and dream for. It is possible once you find "that one!" Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this!!! I must say, I was the lesbian that showed up with the UHaul on the 3rd date!:) AO and I were dating 4 months when we decided to live together. We just rolled with our gut feelings, and it worked!:) I wouldn't suggest anyone try this, but I'm happy to say it worked for us. Everything just fell perfectly into divine order. Not one ounce of preparation went into it!:) You two are truly amazing, and I'm beyond ecstatic for you both! Keep sharing your journey with us. I really look forward to your blog updates. Love you two!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you both love, happiness, and a lifetime of fun! Your story mimics mine and we wouldn't made it without God! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Luv it! Glad to see the honor in ur relationship--the truth-Im so happy for the both of u--looking forward to future pics! Yvette

    ReplyDelete